When recovering from a planned surgery, an unforeseen accident or major illness, you need a partner that inspires optimism and surrounds you with the support you need to regain maximum independence. The short-term rehabilitation team at Oak Trace’s Health & Wellness Center in Downers Grove, IL, is here to serve as that partner.
Thanks to a state-of-the-art, fully comprehensive therapy gym, our caring, skilled and compassionate team members have all the finest tools and resources at their fingertips. The team within the senior rehabilitation center includes registered nurses; on-site clinical nurse specialist; and physical, occupational and speech therapists. Each team member is dedicated to helping you achieve your recovery goals as quickly as possible, working with you hand in hand to ensure your therapy plan is delivering the skills, strength and confidence you need.
Understand the reassurance of on-site care.
Get in touch using the form on this page to find out more about how the senior short-term rehabilitation services at Oak Trace in Downers Grove, IL, could help you or a loved one get back on track.
- Physiatrist who coordinates with therapy team and your physician
- Registered physicians, nurses and nurse practitioner services available on-site
- Social worker and dietitian available on-site
- Variety of diagnostic and therapy services available on-site
- Restorative therapy to help maintain independence
- Joint replacement therapy
- Antibiotic and pain management
- Health lifestyle programming supported by Masterpiece Living®
- Laundry and housekeeping services
- Salon and barber services
- Primarily private rooms with private bathroom and shower
- Laundry and housekeeping
- Family visiting spaces
- Fitness room equipped with personalized HUR equipment
- 40-plus acres to explore, with outdoor walking paths and central park-like spaces
Each person receives an individualized treatment plan, based on rehabilitation needs, physician orders and therapist recommendations. We’ll provide the most appropriate services as recommended by your therapy team after admission.
It’s similar in that it helps restore strength and mobility. However, occupational therapy focuses on helping people improve their ability to perform daily tasks by modifying the physical environment and using adaptive techniques and equipment to increase independence.
Prior to your discharge, we will develop a plan that determines any equipment needs and in-home services you may require.