Our approach to memory care in Downers Grove centers around respect for each individual’s personal story. It’s an approach that creates a safe, nurturing environment in the Chicago suburbs where specialized Alzheimer’s and dementia care team members serve from the heart and always look to honor the individual needs of our residents.
Thoughtful programming and services aim to enrich each moment in time, while private memory care suites offer a personal destination for comfort and calm. Altogether, this delivers a reassuring peace of mind for family members and friends who can count on the fact that their loved one is being cared for in a way that considers the whole person.
Comprehensive support when it matters most.
- Nurse and nursing assistant on-site 24 hours a day
- Personalized plan, developed hand in hand with residents and their loved ones
- Professional, friendly assistance with your activities of daily living
- Assistance with medication management
- Laundry and housekeeping
- 24-hour monitoring
- Chef-inspired meals in multiple dining spaces
- Secure courtyard and outdoor patio with covered porch
- Healthy lifestyle programming supported by Masterpiece Living®
- Circular neighborhood design to allow unrestricted movement
- Beauty and barber services
- Fitness room equipped with personalized HUR equipment
- Restorative therapy to help you maintain your independence
- 40-plus acres to explore with outdoor walking paths and park-like community spaces
Get in touch using the form on this page to learn how memory care in Downers Grove at Oak Trace is far from just another memory care facility near Chicago.
People who are cognitively challenged, whether from Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia, require an additional level of care and security than those who simply need help with activities of daily living. Memory care residences at Oak Trace are designed to ensure residents feel safe and secure. Our program is structured to build confidence in an environment that promotes choice and celebrates accomplishments.
Our fully trained team members gets to know your loved one — their history, their likes and dislikes, and preferred schedule. This nurturing relationship often improves interactions, helps reduce behavior problems, and can result in a reduction in medication needs.
Dementia refers to the loss of cognitive functions (thinking, reasoning, the ability to remember) that are severe enough to interfere with a person’s daily functioning. This group of symptoms may accompany certain diseases or conditions. Alzheimer’s disease is the most common form (and cause) of dementia. It is a progressive, degenerative disease of the brain, characterized by loss of function and death of nerve cells in several brain areas. This leads to loss of recent memories and new learning first, and eventually old memories, too.